Nebraska GLO Monument
N ¼ CORNER
SECTION 12 - T12N - R6E
John B. Gridley
October 17, 1857


Jerry Penry
July 13, 2007


This excavated original GLO monument was marked with the chiseled ¼ indicating it to be a quarter corner. John B. Gridley noted it as being a Granite measuring 12"x8"x7". Field measurements taken on the date of excavation placed the size at 14"x10"x9". Nebraska Deputy State Surveyor Hugh Dillon found the stone in 1937 (80 years after its placement) and placed a concrete memorial next to it.



The original 1857 stone with the chiseled "¼" and a concrete memorial placed by Deputy State Surveyor Hugh Dillon in 1937.



Exacavating the hole deeper to lower the stone.

Back to GLO Stones



© Jerry Penry 2010