(Nebraska - Colorado)
The southeast corner of the Nebraska Panhandle, which is also the northeast corner of Colorado, was established on September 24, 1869, by Oliver N. Chaffee. The location marked by Chaffee was at the intersection of Latitude 41° North with Longitude 25° West (from Washington D.C.). In 1976 the monument was protected by a fence. A brass disk was placed in the top of the original stone in 1978.
Looking east into Nebraska.
Looking north at the south face of the original 1869 monument.
The brass disk that is set in the top of the stone.
Government Land Office Plat of T12N, R42W.
© Jerry Penry 2009