(Nebraska - Colorado- Wyoming)
The southwest corner of the Nebraska Panhandle, also the southeast corner of Wyoming, was established on August 17, 1869, by Oliver N. Chaffee. The intent was to place this marker at the intersection of Latitude 41° North with Longitude 27° West (from Washington D.C.). The brass disk was placed in the top of the stone in 1990. Work was also done in 2004 around the site to ensure the protection of the monument.
Looking northeast into Nebraska while standing in Colorado.
Looking down upon the corner monument.
The brass disk set in top of the original 1869 stone.
Government Land Office Plat of T12N, R59W.
© Jerry Penry 2009