Black Hills Forest Reserve
"Boundary Post 188"
(Wind Cave Boundary Post No. 30)
September 26, 2015
Boundary Post No. 188 is located approximately 2 miles west-northwest of Wind Cave in the southern Black Hills. It marks the NE Corner of Section 4, T6S, R5E, BHM.
This is also Wind Cave boundary post No. 30 which was placed in 1906.
View of the post looking east.
Side of the post looking north.
Top of the cap marking it for Wind Cave boundary post No. 30.
Lettering on the beveled edge using the number "8" for the letter "S". The text should read T5S S34.
Side of the cap lettered for Section 33 and having three notches.
Notes by William H. Thorn when he set the monument in 1906.
OTHER BLACK HILLS FOREST RESERVE MONUMENTS
© Jerry Penry 2015